The following are services and support groups for senior citizens and their families in and around Sonoma County.
This service provides weekly check-in calls for isolated seniors and adults (English and Spanish). Domestic violence support is available at (707) 367-6433.
Call Jo Majorana at (510) 926-9230 or Natalie Berg at (707) 367-6433.
Catholic Charities – I’m Home Alone Program
P.O. Box 4900
Santa Rosa, CA 95409-4900
Catholic Charities’ “I’m Home Alone” program provides brief telephone calls for people who live alone and may be elderly, housebound, disabled or at-risk. Available to all persons living in Sonoma County. If you wish to register a relative, friend, patient or yourself for this service, contact 707-528-8712 to obtain a confidential registration form.
When the registration forms are returned, new clients will be placed on the daily call out schedule. They can expect to receive a telephone call once a day, Monday through Friday. Clients may request to be called each day at a predetermined time. Calls will not be social in nature and will be brief in duration.
To access this service, call (707) 528-8172 ext. 185.
Council on Aging
30 Kawana Springs Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
The Council on Aging provides 16 different programs across four departments (social services, financial services, legal services, and nutritional services) offering integrated services for seniors 60+.
- Resource Specialist: offers personalized assistance to identify a wide range of services for older adults and their families/caregivers.
Contact Alex Kennett (707) 523-0143 ext.102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Peer Support: A twelve-week program for adults ages 60+ that matches peer volunteers for home visits with older adults facing challenges such as depression, isolation, and caregiver stress.
Contact Renee Tolliver (707) 525-0143 ext.124 or email@example.com.
- Home Delivered Meals: Clients receive a weekly delivery with multiple meals. The senior must call by 10AM the day before pick up for a meal pack.
Call (707) 525-0143 ext.103 to register.
Covia Community Services
2185 N. California Blvd, Suite 215
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Covia’s Community Services programs provide support and connection for seniors around the country.
- Well Connected: Phone and online based groups, programs, and activities for free to seniors throughout the United States. Examples include: Armchair Travel, Museums at Home, Health & Wellness. Also available in Spanish.
- Social Call: Volunteers are matched with seniors on a one-to-one basis, bringing compassionate conversation and care into their lives.
Institute on Aging Friendship Line
This is a 24-hour toll-free hotline for ages 60+ and adults living with disabilities. Can arrange on-going outreach calls to lonely older adults. Calls are limited to 1 ten-minute call a day.
Call (800) 971-0016.
Petaluma People Services Center
1500A Petaluma Blvd S
Petaluma, CA 94952
PPSC provides adult day care, case management, Senior Café, Meals on Wheels, Lifelong learning, transportation, senior counseling services, Fall Proof!, and housing options.
- Not Alone: Seniors are matched with volunteers, who contact them with daily phone calls that last 15-30 minutes.
To register, call (707) 765-8488 or email NotAlone@petalumapeople.org.