The following are services and support groups for senior citizens and their families in and around Sonoma County.
510-926-9230 or 707-367-6433
Provides weekly check-in calls for isolated seniors and adults (in English or Spanish).
Catholic Charities “I’m Home Alone” Program
710-528-8712, ext. 185
Provides daily, brief, weekday telephone calls for people who live alone and are elderly, housebound, disabled or at-risk. Available to all persons living in Sonoma County. If you wish to register a relative, friend, patient or yourself for this service, call to obtain a confidential registration form.
Council on Aging
707-525-0143 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.councilonaging.com
Provides 16 different programs across four departments (social services, financial services, legal and nutritional services) for seniors 60+.
- Resource Specialist: offers personalized assistance to identify a wide range of services for older adults and their families/caregivers.
Contact Alex Kennett (707) 523-0143 ext.102 or email@example.com.
- Senior Peer Support: A twelve-week program for adults ages 60+ that matches peer volunteers for home visits with older adults facing challenges such as depression, isolation, and caregiver stress.
Contact Renee Tolliver (707) 525-0143 ext.124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Home Delivered Meals: Clients receive a weekly delivery with multiple meals. The senior must call by 10AM the day before pick up for a meal pack.
Call (707) 525-0143 ext.103 to register.
Covia Community Services
2185 N. California Blvd, Suite 215
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Covia’s Community Services programs provide support and connection for seniors around the country.
- Well Connected: Phone and online based groups, programs, and activities for free to seniors throughout the United States. Examples include: Armchair Travel, Museums at Home, Health & Wellness. Also available in Spanish.
- Social Call: Volunteers are matched with seniors on a one-to-one basis, bringing compassionate conversation and care into their lives.
Institute on Aging Friendship Line
This is a 24-hour toll-free hotline for ages 60+ and adults living with disabilities. Can arrange on-going outreach calls to lonely older adults. Calls are limited to 1 ten-minute call a day.
Call (800) 971-0016.
Petaluma People Services Center
1500A Petaluma Blvd S
Petaluma, CA 94952
PPSC provides adult day care, case management, Senior Café, Meals on Wheels, Lifelong learning, transportation, senior counseling services, Fall Proof!, and housing options.
- Not Alone: Seniors are matched with volunteers, who contact them with daily phone calls that last 15-30 minutes.
To register, call (707) 765-8488 or email NotAlone@petalumapeople.org.