NAMI Wildfire Support Group
This free weekly drop-in group will offer support and strategies for enhancing the mental health of anyone affected by the wildfires. No pre-registration is necessary.
- Learn to manage PTSD reactions from ongoing triggers
- Gain social support from those going through the same experience
- Solve problems, gain a sense of accomplishment and confidence
- Protect physical and mental health from harmful effects of long-term stress
- Enhance life satisfaction with positive social relationships and nurturing activities
- Create a sense of purpose and hope from experiences of loss and suffering
This group will use “Skills for Psychological Recovery” (SPR), a program created by the Veteran’s Administration National Center for PTSD.
Facilitated by Susan Dunn, M.A. – NAMI Education and Support Services Manager. For more information, please email call/text NAMI Warmline at 866-960-6264 or email email@example.com.
Support group meetings are held on Tuesdays 12:30-1:30 PM at the NAMI Sonoma County office (182 Farmers Lane, #202, Santa Rosa). A second group meets on Tuesday evenings 5:30-6:30 PM at the Airport Health Club (432 Aviation Blvd, Santa Rosa).