NAMI Peer-to-Peer is a free, 10-session educational program for adults with mental illness who are looking to better understand their condition and journey toward recovery. Taught by a trained team of people who’ve been there, the program includes presentations, discussion and interactive exercises. Everything is confidential. NAMI never recommends a specific medical therapy or treatment approach.
What the Course Provides
- Current information about the major mental illnesses and research on these illnesses
- Current information on the possibilities for living in recovery, including a variety of treatment strategies
- Skills training: problem solving, listening, communication techniques, handling crises and relapse
- Guidance on locating appropriate support and services within our community
- Tips on advocating for support and service
How Do I Register For An Upcoming Class?
- Call our office at 707-527-6655 to learn about upcoming start dates for an upcoming 10-week class.
What People are Saying
“NAMI Peer-to-Peer has allowed me to take the focus off my illness and learn to balance it with the rest of my life. By engaging in recovery I am able to be more relaxed and productive both at work and home.”
“It made me feel I was not alone in coping with mental illness. It gave me hope that I could recover and that my life would not always be filled with chaos, and it gave me positive role models to inspire me to strive for recuperation and success in life.”