We’re look for reliable volunteers who interested in the opportunities below. Call our Warmline at (866) 960-6264 to learn more. To help us learn more about you, please fill out an application (available below) and attach a resume, if possible. Thank you for your interest!
NAMI Warmline Volunteer
What you will do:
- Be trained to respond to help-seekers contacting the Warmline by telephone or email
- Respond to questions related to a wide range of issues/experiences related to mental illness; help-seekers are often family members of individuals living with mental illness
- Use active and reflective listening
- Provide empathetic support
- Offer information and referrals to community resources
- Accept one 2-3 hour shift per week in the NAMI Office for a 3- to 6-month period
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MS Office, data entry & experience using computer technology
- Be comfortable communicating with individuals affected by moderate to severe mental health conditions and a wide variety of cultural backgrounds
- Spanish language skills ideal
Reports to: NAMI Warmline Coordinator
How to Apply: Email completed NAMI Volunteer Application to Megan McDaniel, Warmline Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you will do:
- Share your story about an experience with mental illness
- Be trained as a NAMI Ending the Silence or In Our Own Voice presenter, nationally recognized educational presentations designed to increase awareness and understanding of mental illness
- Make presentations to groups of high school students and/or community organizations in Sonoma County
- Commit to conducting presentations scheduled in advance, during school hours; may require one to four hours – to be agreed upon in advance
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Be 18+ years, with lived experience with mental illness who is now in recovery
- Be willing to share your story to raise awareness and understanding and deliver a message of the hope
- Be a reliable presenter; once a schedule is agreed upon, NAMI will need to depend upon you to meet that schedule.
Reports to: NAMI Executive Director
How to Apply: Email completed NAMI Volunteer Application to email@example.com; submitting a resume is recommended.